Karisma has done it again, but with even more amenities–an “all suite, all butler, all gourmet” beachfront resort in the heart of the Riviera Maya just 25 min. south of the Cancun airport called Generations Riviera Maya by Karisma. The newest Karisma resort is a six-story contemporary stunner with facilities to accommodate couples, wedding parties, and multiple families in their one-to-three bedroom connecting suites.
Parents can breathe a sigh of relief since their children, ages 4-12, are thoroughly entertained and well taken care of at the Eko Kid’s Club which offers activities and play areas such as a ball pit, Lego room, small rock climbing wall, trampoline, movie theater, gaming consoles, dance floor, craft stations, and separate nap rooms.
While the children are being entertained, parents are free to visit the adjoining Karisma adults-only properties, El Dorado Casitas Royale, and El Dorado Royale. Although Generations adult guests cannot use the pools or beach area of the El Dorado properties, they are free to use all bars (with the exception of swim-up bars), restaurants, s
pas, beauty salon, fitness center, and may also venture over for nightly entertainment at the El Dorado Royale. Here are several amenities which make this resort unique:
- butler service for all guests
- 24 hr. in-suite dining
- large number of suites with water access (swim-up suites on the ground floor and infinity pools on floors 2-4). NOTE: Infinity pools on the 4th floor stay warmer due to resort balcony configurations–others below are hid by balconies above and therefore don’t get as much sun).
- 10 room categories to choose from with only 144 suites
- ocean views from a majority of suites
- beachfront pool spans almost the entire length of the resort
- baby beach lounge with shade and toys for youngest guests
- separate children’s pool close to the main pool
- children’s pint-sized loungers with shade umbrellas
- buffet restaurant (Karisma is known for its gourmet a la carte restaurant options)
- kids menu at many restaurants
- adults are free to dine at the restaurants at both adjoining El Dorado resorts
- Eko Kid’s Club amenities (see above)
- baby amenities are provided (re. strollers, cribs, changing tables, pack and play, bottle warmers, baby food, etc.)
- family lounge (right now it is used primarily as a teen hangout until their own dedicated space is built)
- heated bathroom floors
- beachfront chapel
- on-line pre-arrival form outlining guests’ needs and preferences (re. food allergies, special occasions, nanny requests, etc.)
- complimentary WiFi was added July 2015
Although families will fall in love with this resort, beach lovers may want to look elsewhere, at least for the time being. The coastline for these Karisma resorts tends to be rocky; there are black “sand whales”, or large sand bags which dot the coastline and they make it hard to access the ocean or swim unimpeded. The creation of an artificial reef takes time and does improve snorkeling opportunities, but for right now the stretch of ocean in front of the resort is not very swimmable. Karisma is considering more updated ways of preventing beach erosion, so this situation may change in the near future. Bring water shoes if you are even considering entering the water.
Here are some additional resort amenities:
Restaurants/Bars: There is one buffet (Chef Market) and four a la cartes including Mediterranean (Habb), Pan Asian (Jade), Mexican/Caribbean (Palms Gourmet Terrace), and gourmet wine-related cuisine (Wine Kitchen, Restaurant, and Tasting Room). No on-site dinner reservations are required. Restaurants over at the El Dorado properties (adults-only) include an international menu at Cocotal, Mediterranean (La Isla), surf and turf (Jo Jo’s), Mexican Nouvelle (El Rincon), two Italian restaurants (D’Italia Villas and D’Italia Casitas Royale), Fuentes Culinary Theater, and the new Santa Fe Grill. Both Fuentes and Santa Fe Grill require reservations. Generations Riviera Maya resort bars include the pool swim-up, and Sling bar–the lounge bar should be opening soon. Bars at the El Dorado Royale include three beach bars, the lobby Martini Bar over at the El Dorado Royale, and Bellini Bar at the Casitas Royale.
Entertainment: There are several live shows at Generations, plus adults can enjoy nightly entertainment over at the El Dorado Royale.
Pics: Here are a few blogs with some great pictures of this resort. Check them out!