Another award-winning property in the AMResorts family, Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita is consistently named one of Mexico’s most exceptional boutique resorts by vacationers, travel writers, and travel industry organizations. Zoëtry Paraiso is a member of the Leading Small Hotels of the World, and for the past 12 years has been the recipient of the AAA Five Diamond Award for its amenities and service.
Set amidst 14 acres of jungle and lush mangroves, the resort feels as if it is in the middle of nowhere, yet it is conveniently located 20 min. south of the airport. Its focus on “wellness, tranquility, and romance”, all within an environmentally-friendly setting, is reflected by such amenities as its award-winning Thalassotherapy spa, wellness restaurant menu options, pesticide-free greenhouse, locally-made beach handbag in every guest suite (guests may take it home when they leave), and the boutique nature of the resort itself–there are only 90 oceanfront suites with a plunge pool for each ground floor terrace. There are many other touches which help to make this resort unique including the following:
- homemade breads/pastries
- tea infusions/daily afternoon tea time
- organic food selections from the resort’s own garden on all menus
- complimentary airport transfers
- complimentary laundry service
- complimentary international calls
- complimentary one hr. sunset catamaran ride (one per person per stay)
- complimentary shopping excursion by boat to Puerto Morelos
- complimentary access to the saltwater Thalassotherapy pool for all guests
- Temazcal healing ceremony led by an authentic Shaman
- complimentary welcome bottle of tequila and small bottles of liquor en-suite
- large guest suites starting at 1,130 sq. feet
In addition to visiting the resort for all of these wonderful amenities, vacationers also come to the Zoëtry Paraiso for its Thalassotherapy Center, the first certified spa center of its kind in North America. The spa uses heated seawater, seaweed, and marine mud and algae for anti-aging treatments, hand repair treatments, and anti-stress treatments, to name just a few. All guests have access to the heated saltwater pool, sauna, steam room, heated Jacuzzi, and cold plunge pool regardless of other booked spa treatments. All guests are also entitled to a complimentary 20 min. Thalasso spa treatment.
Despite all its wonderful attributes and amenities, ocean swimmers may be disappointed by the accumulation of sea grass at this location. Given this is the northern part of the Riviera Maya, it is not unusual for this to be a problem during certain seasons or weather conditions. However, if you like to swim in the ocean you may find it difficult to do so at times. The rest of the beach is beautiful with its white sand, resort-supplied padded double loungers, shade umbrellas, and Bali beds.
The main pool is just a few steps from the beach and includes some in-water jets, partial in-pool loungers, padded double loungers and single loungers on the sundeck. There is no activities team at this pool, loud music, rowdy adult behavior, or swim-up bar. Since it is a family-friendly resort, there are times when you will see children in the pool, however. Other than the pool and beach area, there are no other scheduled activities or amenities specifically geared towards children at the Zoëtry Paraiso; parents who choose to bring their children should pack enough materials and activities to keep them busy.
Type of Resort: Family-friendly
Pro: Large oceanfront suites, certified Thalassotherapy Center, free WiFi, no dinner reservations needed
Con: Ocean swimming, dated room décor
Best Suited For: Affluent couples looking for a quiet and serene retreat which reflects the charms of Mexico.
No. of Rooms: 90
Room Amenities: King or two dbl beds, A/C, large balcony/terrace with daybed and table and chairs, separate living room area with concrete platform sofa, loveseat, coffee table, desk and chair, mini-bar with small bottles of liquor, in-room safe, two small flat screen TV’s, telephone, ceiling fan, DVD player, Nespresso coffee maker, rechargeable device for electronics, robe and slippers, pillow menu, beach bag (to keep), daily fresh fruit and sparkling wine, one bottle of tequila, hair dryer, dbl vessel sinks, separate shower, sunken tub, Bvlgary toiletries, 24-hr. room service, and complimentary WiFi and international phone calls. All guest suites are uniquely decorated with paintings, sculpture pieces, and fabrics, so no two are identical. All ground floor terraces include a plunge pool. Here is a brief rundown of suite categories:
- Oceanfront One Bedroom Suite with Terrace: King or two dbl beds, balcony with dbl lounger or hammock.
- Romance Oceanfront One Bedroom Suite with Terrace: King bed, balcony with dbl lounger or hammock.
- Oceanfront One Bedroom Suite with Plunge Pool: King or two dbl beds, terrace with plunge pool.
- Romance Oceanfront One Bedroom Suite with Plunge Pool: King bed, terrace with plunge pool.
- Romance Oceanfront Lovers Suite: King or two dbl beds, terrace with plunge pool, dbl lounger, outdoor rainforest shower.
- Oceanfront Master Suite Two Bedroom with Terrace: Both bedrooms have king beds, bathroom bidet.
- Oceanfront Master Suite Two Bedroom with Plunge Pool: Both bedrooms have king beds, large terrace with plunge pool, bathroom bidet.
- Oceanfront Two Bedroom Presidential Suite: Both bedrooms have king beds, two bathrooms, bidet, dining room with table and six chairs, two terraces each with its own plunge pool. This suite is 3,000 sq. feet.
Physically Challenged Rooms: Not available
Resort Amenities: Main freshwater pool (no swim-up bar), heated saltwater pool at the spa (access to the sauna, steam room, heated Jacuzzi, and cold plunge pool area available for all guests), certified Thalassotherapy Center, Temazcal ceremony led by an authentic Shaman, complimentary 20 min. Thalasso spa experience, beauty salon, beachfront walking trail, non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, pool and beach wait service, specialized classes, daily tea time, guided cultural tours, computer use in the library, Puerto Morelos shopping tour, one hr. sunset catamaran tour, complimentary private airport transfers, complimentary laundry service, complimentary international phone calls, complimentary greens fees at Grand Coral Riviera Maya Golf Course, concierge, tour desk, gift shop, and car rental.
Restaurants/Bars: This resort offers three a la carte restaurants including international fare (Kaax), grilled specialties (El Chiringuito Beachside Grill), and the award-winning La Canoa (gourmet fare with the use of special spices and chilies). No reservations are needed at any of the restaurants. Additionally, there is a beachfront sushi and ceviche bar open during the afternoon. There are two bars located on this property–the Library Bar with its display of live macaws and other parrots, and Hippo’s pool bar; there is no swim-up bar. This resort also offers the services of a private sommelier as well as a stocked wine cellar. Tea time is also offered in the afternoons.
Entertainment: This is a quiet resort. There is some live music offered, but no regularly scheduled shows or productions.