This newly renovated, re-branded resort seems to be mostly off the radar–I’ve heard lots about the newly renovated Riu Playacar and the soon to be open Secrets Akumal, but rarely have I seen articles or advertisements about the new family-friendly Hyatt Ziva Cancun. This resort used to be the old Dreams Cancun located on the tip of Punta Cancun–a great location since it’s a walkable distance to the popular nightclubs at Plaza Forum yet far enough away from the noise as to be quiet at night. Here is a brief listing of its features and amenities:
- 547 guest rooms and suites including swim-up rooms. Upgraded Club Tower guest suites with additional amenities like butler service, private lounge, and balcony Jacuzzi suites
- three infinity pools including one adults-only rooftop pool
- two beach areas
- one buffet restaurant, four a la cartes (French, Italian, steakhouse, Asian including teppanyaki show tables), an American diner (Chevy’s), a beachside taco and ceviche restaurant, a café for pastries and coffees, and a dessert parlor (Pasteles), and a 24-hr. lounge for snacks. There is also an option to have a private chef prepare a meal and have it served in-suite (for an extra cost)
- six bars including a brew pub sports bar, open-air bar, tequileria, rooftop bar for adults-only, swim-up bar, poolside bar, while liquor is available in the 24-hr. lounge
- spa and fitness center
- KidZ Club for ages 4-12 plus a children’s water play area
- complimentary WiFi
- activities: rooftop tennis court (lit at night), basketball court, complimentary bicycle rentals, volleyball
- Delphinus Experience: Dreams Cancun also had a separate pool for swimming with the dolphins; looks like the new Hyatt is continuing this experience.
I did check out the grand opening rates on the website and they made my recent stay at Finest Playa Mujeres seem like a bargain. Hopefully someone will find some cheaper rates out there and post a link so we all can vacation there instead of just dream about it!
Check out the website for more pics (most look like artist renditions, however).