NOTE: This resort is scheduled for a complete renovation which will take approximately one year. The resort will be closed Sept. 25, 2016, and will reopen August 2017.
An adults-only, topless-optional resort located on the upper part of the “7” in the Hotel Zone, Temptation Resort Spa Cancun appeals to vacationers who wish to party in an atmosphere of sensuality and adult sexual playfulness. Although females are allowed to go topless at pool and beach areas, it is not uncommon for guests to be nude for brief periods of time during poolside games. Although female nudity is tolerated to a certain extent, this is not a nudist resort, nor are public sexual behaviors allowed. Temptation Resort Spa Cancun offers many activities which encourage fun exhibitionism and sensuality such as the “theme nights” (Lingerie, Latex, and White Night, to name a few), and Sensual Fitness Classes which include lap and pole dance lessons–check the official website for updated activities since they do change from time-to-time. Many guests come prepared to dress the part for “theme nights”, so vacationers who wish to participate will want to add to their typical holiday wardrobe. Those who forget their “costumes” or special apparel will find an onsite store which may help out in this respect. This resort boasts a large percentage of repeat guests–some return at specified times (“April Addicts”) while others return several times a year. Couples primarily make up the guest list, but singles are also welcome. While the targeted age range at this resort is 35 to 50, the typical age range of guests at any given time, perhaps surprisingly, is mid-twenties to early-sixties. Guests of all body types are present as well–the resort’s motto is “Nobody Knows You and Nobody Gives A S**t”, and guests are for the most part very respectful of each other regardless of size.
The resort itself is contemporary in style with white, red, and silver being the colors most used in guest rooms and public spaces. The lobby sets the tone with its modern sculptures, glass fountain, marble flooring, and cozy sofa seating areas. Lighting throughout the resort is subtle yet has a dramatic effect with recessed blue and red lights. Guest rooms continue the contemporary look with the same basic color scheme, a “sexy” lighting button which illuminates the headboard and nightstands with a diffused red light, full length closet mirrors, and optional balcony Jacuzzi. Bathrooms are shower-only in most rooms with some offering more of an open concept bathroom design. Guest rooms are in need of renovation which is tentatively scheduled to begin spring 2016.
Pool areas are the daytime heart of this resort, and there are three to suit guests’ moods and tastes:
- beachfront with a swim-up bar
- built-in non-heated Jacuzzis
- adjacent swing bar
- DJ music played and daytime games occur here
- more risqué behaviors are apt to occur here
- cameras and video are typically not allowed at this pool area
- shaded area for Premier Members (timeshare owners)
- “reserve” a lounger early in the morning, this is the busiest part of the resort during the day
- near the beach and has a swim-up bar
- built-in non-heated Jacuzzis
- may or may not be “quiet” during the afternoon
- poolside Bali beds
- in-pool and sundeck activities during the daytime
- site of the evening foam party
- guests often congregate here for a night swim after time spent at Paty’O Lounge
Pool use is available for guests 24-hrs. a day which is a rarity at any resort.
While guests will be very impressed with the variety of pools and poolside activities, some may be disappointed with the quality of the beach at this resort. The beach here is bordered by a Marina to the west and a smaller pier to the east, so there is lots of water traffic which limits swimmable areas. While the sand is cool, smooth and white, it is a narrow stretch which means loungers are typically packed more closely together in order to maximize the amount of room available to guests. Some nice features about the beach include the small hammock section and the many shade palapas–don’t get too comfortable in the Bali beds before checking since there is a section reserved exclusively for Premier members.
Since partying is the order of the day (and night), this is basically a 24-hr. resort with “sexy” pool, Paty’O Lounge, and Nice Shoes Disco THE places to be for activities, shows, and socializing. Additional party opportunities occur offsite with scheduled cruises (an additional cost) booked at the resort or through cancuncare which has a forum section dedicated to Temptation Resort Spa Cancun. The Temptation Resort cruise booked most often through this website is the “Boobs Cruise” to Isla Mujeres which includes snorkeling, buffet lunch, ocean skinny dipping, and an open bar. This cruise is definitely NOT for prudes or the easily offended since it typically entails nudity and some degree of public sexual behaviors, not merely topless women. Cancuncare’s reservation system is also connected with the resort’s own system making for more direct bookings with up-to-the-minute sales and discounts. Cancuncare’s forum section lists up-to-date information about the resort as a whole–it is also a great opportunity to initially meet those traveling to the resort at the same time (look for “Roll Call” lists with dates at the resort).
Type of Resort: Adults-only, age 21+, topless-optional
Pro: Multiple pools with 24/7 availability
Con: Small beach, rooms need renovation, WiFi $, room service $ (outside of continental breakfast)
Best Suited For: Fun-loving, partying adults who aren’t offended by partial/total nudity.
No. of Rooms: 384
Room Amenities: King or two dbl beds, A/C, balcony/terrace, mini-bar, digital safe, flat screen TV, telephone, coffee maker, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, shower-only, and toiletries. Room service is continental breakfast only. WiFi is an extra charge. Here is a brief rundown of guest room categories:
- Deluxe: King or two dbl beds, desk and ottoman. Property, garden, or ocean view.
- Jacuzzi Suite: King bed, balcony/terrace Jacuzzi with privacy screen, iPod dock upgraded toiletries. Garden or pool view.
- Temptation Suite: King bed, in-room Jacuzzi tub, iPod dock, upgraded toiletries, large terrace with loungers and privacy screen. Garden or ocean view.
- Drops of Love Package: Jacuzzi Suite guest room with pool view, iPod dock, complimentary room service, upgraded toiletries, welcome gift of chocolate covered strawberries/fruit basket/bottle of sparkling wine, daily petit fours, one in-room lobster dinner, one-time Jacuzzi preparation with candles and oils, one 25-min. couples massage, priority a la carte dinner reservations, express check-out.
- NOTE: Rooms 2101 through 2316 are near Paty’O Lounge and are exposed to loud noise/music until approximately 3 a.m. or later. There are no guest room building elevators. Renovations are supposed to begin spring 2016 and include guest rooms, adding a floor to each guest room block, and adding a new nightclub over the buffet restaurant–the resort will be open during any changes. Renovations have been discussed before and so far no major overhauls have been done, so these plans are tentative.
Physically Challenged Rooms: Available
Resort Amenities: Three pools (“sexy” and quiet pools each have their own swim-up bar, quiet pool), seven built-in noon-heated Jacuzzis, spa, beauty salon, non-motorized and motorized water sports, beach hammocks, fitness center, sports bar, disco, outdoor dancing and Paty’O Lounge with DJ’s and music videos, themed evening shows, cigar lounge, walking distance to Isla Mujeres ferry, car rental service, concierge, tour desk, gift shop, clothing shop, and ATM.
Restaurants/Bars: One buffet restaurant (El Embarcadero), three a la cartes including Italian (El Piacere), Asian (The Village Wok–no teppanyaki show tables), and seafood/Caribbean (Bellavista). Il Piacere and The Village Wok require advance reservations between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. by calling extension 1640 on the room phone. NOTE: Singles may have difficulty booking a la cartes at this resort; dinner reservations at these restaurants are for couples only–something to be aware of when deciding whether to stay here or not. There is an additional Mexican and “Tex-Mex” restaurant at Margarita’s Snack Bar and Grill which also serves a la carte breakfast, lunch, and daytime snacks. Late-night appetites can be assuaged at Paty’O Lounge with made-to-order hamburgers and light meals until 6 a.m. Resort bars include two swim-ups and adjacent pool bars, the main bar area (Paty’O Lounge), sports bar, disco, and the bar at Margarita’s Snack Bar and Grill.
Entertainment: Poolside entertainment and games at the “sexy” pool, evening themed shows, live music, DJ’s, acrobats, fire performers, karaoke, and the disco.