For those who enjoy all-inclusive amenities yet don’t want to spend all their time ashore, there is an alternative. There are several companies which offer four night/three day crewed charter vacations on a catamaran exploring islands and beaches off Cancun’s northern coast. Private parties may rent out the entire catamaran, share it with other friends, or sail with strangers who may become good friends. The following is a sample itinerary for a 4 day/3 night sailing:
- Day 1: Greeted at the airport and driven by private shuttle for the 25 min. ride north to the marina. Cocktail reception aboard the vessel at 5 p.m. Overnight aboard the vessel.
- Day 2: Light breakfast and briefing, then set sail to the island of Cayo Sucio with an hr. stop at Coco Reef for snorkeling. Lunch on board while at Cayo Sucio, then guests are free to swim, snorkel, kayak, or relax on the beach. Dinner and cocktails on board.
- Day 3: Breakfast on board, then set sail to Isla Mujeres with snorkeling en route. Lunch on board, then guests are free to explore Isla Mujeres. Cocktails on board, dinner is ashore.
- Day 4: Breakfast on board, then set sail for Cancun via El Angel Reef for snorkeling and exploring the sunken shipwreck of Triunfador. Arrival at Temptation Resort to disembark.
Since this is an all-inclusive vacation, all snacks, appetizers, meals (with the exception of one dinner), desserts, and full open bar are available. Taxes and tip are usually additional–check with the individual company. Here are the companies offering chartered catamaran trips:
- Cancun Sailing Vacation, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s the link: http://www.cancunsailingvacation.com/. Toll free USA and Canada 1-877-237-1553.
- Luxury Yacht Charters, email: email@example.com. Here’s the link: http://www.luxuryyachtchartercancun.com/. USA 1-646-862-6030.