Vacationers into soft white sandy beaches, swimmable turquoise ocean water, and multiple bedroom suites with room to spread out will love Beachscape Kin Ha Villas and Suites. This location definitely has the best beach on the upper part of the “7” in the Hotel Zone, and another plus–it’s a 10-min. walk to popular clubs and restaurants in Plaza Forum. For those who don’t wish to walk, the resort is right on the convenient and inexpensive Cancun bus line. Isla Mujeres fans will also appreciate that the ferry terminal is a five-min. walk from the resort.
Beachscape Kin Ha Villas and Suites consists of half a dozen buildings located fairly close to one another with the pool and beach bar on the northwest side of the resort. Each guest room building has three to four floors with suites having large balconies. Due to the resort’s configuration, there are few ocean view rooms, so be prepared to pay an extra fee upon check-in if you want an ocean view upgrade (travel websites typically do not guarantee room views at this establishment). Although the resort has multiple floors, elevators have typically been for timeshare owners who have a private pass code to access their suite on the floors above–check to see if this policy is still in effect.
With its white exterior, manicured grounds, and low-rise structure, Beachscape Kin Ha Villas and Suites has a quaint and appealing look. Interior spaces echo this freshness and simplicity; the open-air lobby has the obligatory marble floor, but arched doorways and hallways make these spaces more inviting. The lobby bar and sofa groupings are prime areas for socializing.
Guest rooms also make use of arched doorways and include strategically-placed mirrors to make the space appear larger. Rooms appear to be a bit outdated (think rattan furniture and glass tabletops), but have all the comforts of home. Suites include full kitchens (this is a timeshare resort with an all-inclusive optional meal plan), while top floor corner rooms have large wrap-around balconies. Bathrooms are small, even in the suites, and include a shower but no tub.
The newly renovated pool at Beachscape Kin Ha is a good size for the resort’s guest capacity and is only a short stroll from the beach. Adjoining the main pool is a separate shallow children’s section. While there are few loungers and umbrellas on the sundeck, mature palms provide some natural shade. Since the pool lacks a swim-up bar, guests will need to take a quick walk over to the beach bar (the resort is on the small side, so all amenities are in close proximity to one another).
In less than a minute, guests can go from the brilliant shade of blue at the pool to the incredibly white sand of the beach. Beach lovers will not be disappointed–this is a spectacular stretch of beach with soft white sand and calm ocean waters making it perfect for swimmers and sunbathers; even younger children can have a great time since the water is fairly shallow. There are palapas and many loungers on the beach; however, these are typically placed closer to the resort under the shade of palm trees thus making the beach appear even larger. Buoys and markers help to keep swimmers safe from the marine craft which tend to patrol these waters.
Vacationers choosing the all-inclusive optional meal plan should keep in mind the following inclusions/restrictions:
- guests are allowed three meals a day plus snacks at the main restaurant, La Albufera
- the beachside restaurant, La Palapa, charges extra for its food even with the all-inclusive meal plan
- Coffee Terraza (an onsite coffee shop) is an extra charge
- domestic alcohol, beer, and wine by the glass are included along with sodas from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- the all-inclusive meal plan starts with lunch the day of arrival and ends with breakfast the day of departure
- there is no in-room mini-bar; however, the resort puts two bottles of water in guest rooms each day
- there is no room service
- 20% off massages
- private child care after 5 p.m. is offered for a fee
- taxes and tips are included
Beachscape Kin Ha Villas and Suites is a good choice for budget vacationers whose priority is an excellent beach with calm ocean waters within walking distance to nightlife. Spring break party types, however, would find the atmosphere too dull, while families with young children or older vacationers wishing to settle into a daily beach and/or pool routine would most likely enjoy what Beachscape Kin Ha has to offer. Vacationers wanting constant service, multiple restaurant options, or five-star amenities should look elsewhere.
Pro: Great beach, walking distance to clubs, free WiFi
Con: Limited dining options, only basic amenities included
Best Suited For: Families with young children or couples/retirees on a budget wishing to settle into a daily beach and/or pool routine. This would also be a good choice for vacationers looking for a decent home base while doing lots of sightseeing/excursions.
No. of Rooms: 138
Pool Closure: 10 p.m.
Room Amenities: King or two queen beds, balcony/terrace, A/C, bureau, chair, in-room safe, flat screen TV, ceiling fan, telephone, ceiling fan, coffee maker, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, shower, toiletries, and free WiFi. There is no room service. Here is a brief rundown of guest room categories:
- Standard: Two queen beds.
- One Bedroom Suite: Separate bedroom with king bed, living room with sofa bed, two armchairs, coffee table, adjoining dining room with dining table and six chairs, kitchen with stove, oven, full refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, blender, toaster, dishes, utensils.
- Two Bedroom Suite: Two separate bedrooms, one with king bed and the other with two queen beds, two full bathrooms, and the same living room and kitchen amenities as the One Bedroom Suite.
- Three Bedroom Suite: Three separate bedrooms, one with king bed and the other two with two queen beds, three full bathrooms, and the same living room and kitchen amenities as the One and Two Bedroom Suites.
- NOTE: Book through the resort’s website to get a good deal on room rates and to make specific room requests.
Physically Challenged Rooms: Available
Resort Amenities: Pool with adjacent children’s section (no swim-up bar), spa, fitness center, small playground, beach wait service, self-serve washer/dryer, convenience store, complimentary WiFi, business center, concierge, tour desk, car rental, and medical services.
Restaurants/Bars: Under the all-inclusive optional meal plan, guests may eat only at the buffet restaurant (La Albufera); food at the beachfront a la carte, La Palapa, is an extra cost. The coffee shop, Coffee and Terraza, is also an extra cost. There are two bars on this property–a lobby bar and the beach bar.
Entertainment: This is a very quiet resort with no scheduled entertainment. It is, however, within walking distance (10-15 min.) to many nightclubs in the Plaza Forum area.